Objectives and Outcomes:
1. Students will be able to speak about themselves, describe their likes and dislikes, talk about their home countries, families, hobbies, and reflect on their process of learning
2. Students will be able to comment and exchange thoughts with other language students.
1. Creativity and Innovation: create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
2. Communication and Collaboration:
Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of sources and media.
Interact, collaborate and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
3. Technology Operations and Concepts
Understand and Use technology systems.
This project is designed for students of Spanish in Middle school who have been studying the language for 2-3 years. This project does not look for one particular grammar point, or vocabulary; it attempts to have students use Spanish as a whole. The goal is to interact with other learners via a digital tool. This project is one of the assessments that will be used for the exiting criteria for MS Spanish.
Each student will create a project using voicethread. They have to choose 5 pictures which describe them best; their interests; their nationality; family…any information about themselves (but no pictures of themselves) They will also make a recording, in Spanish, to explain why they chose that particular photo and what it tells about them. The final product will show a slide show of photos with the students’ voice explaining who they are.
The audience is not only the other students in class; but this project will be done with another Spanish teacher in a different school in Asia. He will have his students do the same project; our students will listen and leave comments about each other’s presentation.
A rubric is being created which assesses the use of technology and the use of Spanish as a foreign language. It will also look for the comments the students will leave on each other’s work.
4 years ago