Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Take a look...

"A picture shows me at a glance what it takes dozens of pages of a book to expound" (Ivan Turgenev)

We all know that images can carry a stronger meaning than a text. In a language class; sharing cultural experiences through images may bring great opportunities to go beyond reading or hearing about different cultures. It may also become the means for students to use the target language in various ways. Through better presentations students will also learn to become better presenters - despite the language they may be using.

With this in mind, during our last session I had the chance to sit and improve a presentation I used last year in one of my Spanish classes. The presentation intended to open up a discussion about the celebration of Carnival around the world; and reflect on any similarities the students may find in their own cultures.

I selected better images which conveyed a clear message, used a few words and allowed the pictures to do the talking for me...

This is what I now have...

Carnaval En El Mundo

No comments:

Post a Comment